Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fearless Faith




So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. Acts 27:25

Today I am writing to tell you to keep the faith that will win the race in your life. Whatever the plan is that God has shown you, don’t give up and don’t give in. He is working it out in your favor!

As I was reading over some old writings of mine I thought about where I had planned to be during this year of my life. I had the opportunity today to take a trip back down memory lane to see how far God has brought me. I can remember a time when I was dreaming of being at the place that I am today in my life.

Now it is a living reality!

I remember a time when it seemed only to be a dream never to come to pass, but I am grateful I have put my faith in God and allow Him to lead the way. So I ask that you put your dreams at the forefront of your mind today and walk them out with God.

There will be times in our lives when we will be tested and majority of the tests we will not let take place and will probably give in too before allowing God to lead us through them because we are sometimes stuck in our ways.

I wanted to reach out to you today to tell you its okay to fall down, mess up, shed tears and to be wrong every now and again. Those are some of the things that make us human. No one is perfect but God and He loves us too much not to help us overcome what is taking place in our lives.

In the event you have an issue with a person, it’s always best to reconcile it before it grows out of control. In the event you make a mistake, as long as you are still breathing you still have time to make the wrong…right! You shouldn’t sit around purposely doing things to intimidate, irritate or to upset the person. Those actions only make matters more challenging for you and keep you off track.

It makes no sense in worrying yourself out about something that is out of your control and then not handling those things that are in your control. It’s time we focus on what’s in front of us and allow God to do the rest.

If people are intimidated by you in the workplace, home, church or school than so be it. You have to remain faithful to the call that God has placed on your life and not worry about what people think or know about you, because all that matters is what God knows about you and what He has said to you. Remember He wants the best for us all.

If someone is intentionally doing things to make you feel uncomfortable seek God for discernment of how to wisely deal with the situation. If the person is unable to receive and reconcile the matter I encourage you to keep moving forward. Life is too short for us to focus our time or things that hinder us from stepping closer into the plans God has for us. Difficult people will be used to knock us off our path. Before we get to far off track, I encourage us to learn how to overcome those situations and use those people, places and things as stepping stones to what’s next.

If we look back at King David, he went through a lot of ups and downs, but He also knew how to praise God and ask for His forgiveness. Even though David had done wrong in the eyes of many, God still used him.

If we look back at Saul, he was a murderer and was against all that God was trying to do, but He used him. He transformed him into Paul, one of my best teachers as I move forward to do as it is written in 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I am at a place in my life where I can care less of what anyone thinks about me. I am striving hard to keep the faith and rely on God to make all things happen according to His will for my life.

All things that I do are to His honor and glory and will be forever!

Today I challenge each of us to keep the faith to finish the race. I challenge each of us to stand through the tests of time. Despite how hard times may be, nothing is too hard for our God. Nothing is too big that we can’t ask for His forgiveness. We must strive hard for what it is we need in our lives. As for people pray for them and bless them at all times, especially your haters!

Be Encouraged,

Tennille L. Whittington

Today’s Prayer:

As it is written in Matthew 18:19 …I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Lord God we come to you in agreement to ask for your forgiveness. Lord God we have been side tracked from where you want us to be in this life. Lord God forgive us if we have went against your will for our lives. Lord we ask that you guide us daily and that you send forth our guardian angels for the north, the south, the east and the west. Lord we ask that they shed light along our paths and keep us in line with righteousness. Lord we ask that you teach us how to increase our talents with the purpose you have for our lives. Lord we ask that we be able to redeem all things which have fallen by the wayside in our lives. Lord we close the doors on all of the paths that led us astray from where you would have us to be. Lord we thank for your mercy and forgiveness. Lord help us strengthen our faith! In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment: