Monday, April 12, 2010

Right the Wrong!




Psalm 5:1-3 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 3:8 From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah


Right the Wrong!

As we approach this week I want to ensure we are walking down the right path for our lives. All weekend long God has been dealing with me on some things that have taken place in my life for some time now. When I thought about all that God has been asking me to do, say and become it would get the best of me. For so long in my life I have been running and I was headed the wrong way.

This is my year to walk in my God given authority and run no more! I am grateful to know that I have reconciled my wrong with God and I am headed in the right direction!

Thank God!

Do you sometimes feel you are headed the wrong way? God has said go right, but instead you try avoid Him and go left. God calls you closer, but yet you step back. God taps on you and gives you a little power, but you fear it and you hide it within. You walk around powerless, but God has called you powerful in His eyes. You don’t like what God is asking of you, so you decide to do you and ignore God. Daily you pray against all that is taking place in your life, because you are stuck in a place where fear has set in or you are stubborn and don’t want to obey Him.

Daily we struggle with decisions, whether they are in the home, workplace, at school or in the church. It all depends on what we consider important to us. Well today I want us to focus on what God has deemed important to us verses what we feel is important.

God has been dealing with me in several areas of my life and for some time I chose to ignore Him, avoid it and even take a step in a different direction before 2010 began. When I stepped into 2010 I chose to step boldly and chase after all that God has promised me.

As we have been walking with God this year, He has been beating me up about all the things He has spoken to me about since 2006. I had dealt with too many sleepless nights as a result of my disobedience and so I decided to seek Him for reconciliation and step out on faith. I stepped off the cliff of my life to enter into an airspace of faith where I have placed my trust in God to lead me daily according to His plan for my life. I can testify today that He has not failed me yet.

I say this to say that my experience led me to the book of Jonah. The story is about a man who disagrees with the assignment that God has given him. In Jonah 1:1-3 God instructed him to go to Nineveh, but instead he headed elsewhere. He thought he could outrun God by fleeing from Him.

This is no different from when God asks us to do something, but instead we result to our own plan and test God. It doesn’t make God’s charge to us go away, but instead it impacts our lives and others negatively. It challenges us daily until we give in and if we don’t give in ourselves and others suffer a great deal. It’s because God’s plan unfolds to us daily and it’s up to us to walk in our call and complete our assignments.

As Jonah journeyed out to out into his own direction God sent a great storm. In the midst of doing his own thing Jonah endangered the lives of others. In Jonah 4-16 the sailors on the boat Jonah decided to travel on were impacted by the great storm, they ended up throwing Jonah into the sea.

In our lives how many storms have God sent our way? How many times has negative situations taken place because we made the wrong choice or we failed to do something? Take a look at your life for a moment: Are you in the midst of a mess? Are you going through day after day? Is God beating you up because you decided to walk in a different direction? Is your family falling apart? Is your workplace off the hook? Is your business declining? Are your finances jacked up? Are you in a place that you don’t want to be in, but you chose to be there because you thought it would be better?

In Jonah 1:17 God sent a whale to swallow Jonah alive. While in the whale Jonah (Jonah 2:1-9) reconciled with God and prayed for His forgiveness. After he called on Him, the whale was commanded to vomit him up in Jonah 2:10. This reminded me of how in the midst of our troubles when we call on God, He will deliver us also. No matter how your situation looks God can command you to be delivered from it, but first you need to reconcile the matter with Him.

In Jonah 3, he goes to Nineveh where God had instructed him to go and he completes His assignment. The people turn from their evil ways and reconcile with God. There are people awaiting you and I to do what God has instructed us to do. What if Jonah stayed on the boat or died at sea? How would God have been able to impact the lives of the people in Nineveh?

If you don’t get up and apply yourself how will you ever get that degree, job, house or business? If your relationship is falling and you haven’t stepped up and compromised how will it get better? If you don’t take a step forward to change, how will your life ever change? If you don’t step outside of your box, how will you ever experience all that God has for you?

The book of Jonah is about God’s fulfillment of His holy plan for Jonah’s life and for the people of Nineveh. What has God been speaking to you about? What is He trying to fulfill through your life?

If they were to extend the books of the bible how would your story read? If you don’t get up and go where God has instructed you to go how will your assignment be fulfilled. It’s ok to mess up, it’s ok that you were disobedient, but today God needs to reconcile the matter with you and send you back the right way!

We are not waiting on God, He is waiting on us. One of my favorite songs is “They That Wait” by Fred Hammond. This morning I heard the song a little different. It’s not really telling us to wait on the Lord like in the physical. It’s telling us to run and not get weary and walk and never faint. Instead of sitting around waiting, instead of laying down complaining, instead of stopping and looking for a sign from God, we need to keep it moving in the right direction, because as we walk with Him change is going to take place. He is working it out behind the scenes as we continue to move forward with Him. So get up and move forward now!

Be encouraged,

Tennille L. Whittington

Today’s Prayer:

As it is written in Matthew 18:19 …I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Father I have been running away from You; Father running away from the call on my life; Father I have disobeyed Your commands and today I step out on faith to reconcile with You to make it right; Father the road is unclear to me, but I know all things are clear to You; Father I ask that You strengthen me today in the areas of need as I start over again and walk in the call of my purpose to Your honor and glory; Father no longer do I want to suffer, no longer do I want to lack rest, Father I give in You when; Father I deserve it all; the good and the bad, because through it all comes a testimony that will impact someone else; so use me on today and forever more to Your will and Your way, May it all be done in my life according to Your assignment! No longer shall I travel the wrong way! In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment