Monday, September 27, 2010

Redeem What has Fallen by the Wayside



"Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times." Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Mark 4:3- 9

Today I just want you to know we all fall down, but when we fall we must stand up and continue to walk forward. As I look back over the years and go over all of the creative things I've done and have yet to complete. All of the volunteer opportunities I chose in order to give back to youth and yet for a time I stopped.

These are all the wonderful things that brought joy into my life as I helped others and yet for the past year I let it all fall by the wayside. I read over my writings over 100 I did within a few months. Things that I passed out and emailed to others, that help us all get through troubled times, yet I stopped. All of the other projects and assignments I started but never quite finished. Recently I realized I got stopped in my tracks and lead astray. There is no one to blame but me. I cannot honestly point a finger at another person and say they influenced me to do what I knew was against God's will for my life. We are our worst enemy. The sooner we realize that the more we will accomplish in this life.

Despite how hard times may be, nothing is too hard for our God. Nothing is too big that we can't ask for his forgiveness. We must strive hard for what it is we need in our lives. Sometimes we as people move to fast, instead of waiting for God to send us a sign. Then we lose track of where he wanted us to be in this life, because we took the situation into our own hands. We go out and try to make things happen on our own, but end up creating a bigger situation that may get out of our control. Remember nothing is too big for our God; he will never give us more than we can handle.

Unique Encouragement was something I started back in 2006 and yet that too I let fall by the wayside. I started a few things here and there, but yet I stopped once again. One morning I had a conversation with God and he reminded all of the talents and gifts he gave me. He reminded me how it help another make it through the day and at the same time he brought joy into my life. So that day was the first day I got back on track with the project that was assigned for my life almost 2 years later from when it was birthed.

As I always say nothing is a mistake all that we do is a learning experience. In the past 4 years I believe I wasn't spiritually ready in my mind to walk this path that I am currently on today. God had to detour me in order to mature me! I used every excuse not to obey the call. I successfully finished my first year of Ministry school in 2007 and yet I still let my call fall by the wayside. I just want you all to know that this happens to us all. We all have an idea of where we should be in life. Thankfully I am currently enrolled and off to a great start at Washington Bible College.

We all are filled with so many wonderful gifts and talents and the world is just waiting on us. There's so much room for opportunity, yet we remain silent. Our phones are still ringing, yet we fail to pick up the line and answer the call on our lives. As children we use to dream big and those dreams would change lives. We wanted to be a doctor, lawyer, teacher, fireman, policeman, etc….yet today circumstance or our upbringing crushed those dreams.

Today I just want to encourage you to get back on track with
Whatever assignment you were fulfilling,
Whatever you dreamed to be one day,
Whatever goal you were about to reach,
Whatever great opportunity you closed the door on because of fear,
With whatever job you were training for,
Whatever degree you were working toward,
Whatever major step you were about to take in life, but got cold feet,
Whatever relationship you were getting back on track,
Whatever family time you lost,
Whatever responsibility you got away from because circumstance got in the way….

Don’t allow yourself to continue to make excuses of why you can’t be, why you can’t do, why this isn’t happening or why that isn’t happening!

Today my sisters and brothers is your day. Forget about the past and what people have said in, on and over your life. It's never too late. You are still loved by God. You are still #1 in his book. You were created for a divine purpose. No circumstance or situation can ever take the place of the mercy of God in your life.

Today I stand in agreement with you as we pray a prayer to get back on track where we let it all fall by the wayside. We let down some our standards to become comfortable or for pleasure of the flesh and not the spirit. Well today we all are going to get back on track and walk in fulfillment of getting all things accomplished as assigned!

Prayer for Today:

As it is written in Matthew 18:19 …I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Father we come to you in agreement to ask for your forgiveness; Father we have been side tracked from where you want us to be in this life. Father please forgive us if we have went against your will for our lives. Father we ask that you guide us daily and that you send forth our guardian angels for the north, the south, the east and the west. Father we ask that they shed light along our paths and keep us in line with righteousness. Father we ask that you teach us how to increase our talents with the purpose you have for our lives. Father we ask that we be able to redeem all things which have fallen by the wayside in our lives. Father we close the doors on all of the paths that led us astray from where you would have us to be. Father we thank for your mercy and forgiveness.

In Jesus name, Amen!

Be Encouraged,
Tennille L. Whittington

1 comment: