Monday, September 27, 2010

Strengthening the Spirit



1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I want to encourage you to relieve stress by using faith and forgiveness in order to strengthen your spirit. In my last message I touched on “Filling the Void” and I stand in agreement in prayer that you all are walking in your future and experiencing your breakthrough. Although times may seem challenging you have to stand on your faith in order to see through circumstance.

Each challenge brings us to a new height in life. I’m assuring you each week, I stand with you encouraging you along your path. We must live by faith and not by sight!

Throughout our journeys we cross paths with so many people, with different intentions that impact our lives. From each person we encounter, there is a transfer of energy that takes place. Whether we know it our not, we pick up positives/negatives from each person we come into contact with. At times so much negative energy is transferred that we no longer can tolerate it and stress builds up. This causes our hearts to harden and at times we are unable to function properly.

We are unable to be the loving people God created us to be. There are so many things we believe, but because we have allowed our circumstance to lead us by sight we tend to fail at what we believe.

In my own life forgiveness was a big challenge, but once I mastered it. It no longer had a hold over me. I had to stand on my faith and ask God for help in releasing all tension caused by those in my life that resulted in a negative experience. Those experiences caused me to carry a lot of weight which lead to anxiety attacks. I pray that you all do not experience one; some say they are similar to a heart attack. I know how they felt to me, but I’ve never experienced a heart attack. I had a friend once tell me her mom passed due to worrying (stressing).

So if you still hold in your heart a grudge towards anyone, today I encourage you to pray a prayer of forgiveness and let your thoughts fly like birds and keep a clear and refreshed mind at all times. For you have so much to live for and worry shouldn’t be your friend. Instead get to know my friend joy, and she’ll bring you happiness! To find out more about her, just smile and enjoy her company forever.

Always remember all things will happen in our lives on God’s time. What resorts in your mind isn’t as important as you think, hand it over to the Lord and free your mind and everything will come together. Stress kills, mentally, socially, physically and definitely spiritually!

Prayer for Today

Lord I come to you today and ask you to guide me into strengthening my spirit; Father teach me how to tap into Your power on the inside of me; Father right now I need You more than before; Father I pray for an open heart full of your love and no worry; Father I seek out Your joy and happiness on today; Father I ask that you relieve my mind, body and soul of all negative thoughts and emotions towards another; Father I ask for forgiveness from myself; I ask for forgiveness from everyone else; Father I ask for forgiveness from You; Father I ask for forgiveness overall to be set free from the bondage of my past and present, so I can move forward into Your future for my life; I ask that you build me up in the areas that have been weakened; You said if we ask we shall receive and if we knock the door shall be open; Lord I ask for you to fill my mouth with your words and guide my path to forgiveness today as I walk in the doors of my future.

In Jesus name, Amen!


Be Encouraged
Tennille L. Whittington

No comments:

Post a Comment