Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dynamic Dreams - Experiencing Your Vision(s)



Gen 37:5-6 Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. He said to them, "Listen to this dream I had:

Good Evening,


Today I would like to focus on dreams. On yesterday we learned that God calls out to us, just as He did to Adam in the beginning daily. We learned that once we get things, meet people and/or become consumed with so many other things we sometimes forget to include God in our daily plans. We close the line of communication to Him and expect things to happen in our lives when we are in hiding. Today I hope and pray you are out of hiding and are ready to answer the call on your life.

I want to encourage us all as we move throughout 2010 that we get back on track with the plan that God created for our lives. Moving along in the book of Genesis we come to a story of a young man born with the gift of interpreting dreams. He has such great dreams full of meaning for his own life to the point that those around him begin to hate him. The story is about Joseph. He was Jacob’s favorite son out of 12 and his brothers hated him so much they locked him away and then sold him into slavery. Joseph's dreams began in his youth and throughout his lifetime he could also interpret dreams. Because of his gift he went through so much before his dream became a reality.

What are some of the dreams you have shared with people? What are some of the business opportunities you dream of? Have you set aside time to write out the visions God gives you? Do you even share those visions and dreams with the people around you? Have you been hated on because of your gifts? Have you given up on moving forward with your dreams, goals or desires?

This caused me to think about all the things I believed God was trying to tell me through dreams. As a child I use to dream big. I wanted to save the world. I wanted life to be fair. I wanted to a lawyer, a teacher, a wife, help those in need, to write books, own businesses and design great works of art.

As I reach out to you on yesterday God asked me “where are you with all these dreams?” He said “where are you with planning out your plan?” He said “where are you in establishing goals, in order for this to become a living reality?" My answer was I have started but never finished any of my plans, my goals or even stayed focused long enough in the fight to experriencing any of them being a living reality. I had to make up my mind that in 2010 I would move forward and stick to my plan.

I allowed fear, rejection and lack of support from others to be an excuse for me not to push towards what I believed God wanted for my life. I want you to think for a moment about what you believe are your gifts. I want you to focus in on what you do well. I want you to bring back all the things you told people and they told you no, you were crazy, it will never work, give up, you can’t or that’s just wishful thinking. In this moment recall a dream from your youth and think about all the reasons it never came true. Remember you went to your family and friends and just as Joseph did you said “listen to this dream I had”, “listen to this idea I have”, listen to this business opportunity I have”, etc and they just turned away and told you what you couldn’t do.

Today God is saying tap back into your dreams. Just as Joseph was given dreams, we all have dreams. It's time to get back on track. Some of us are living out our dreams, while others focus on what we should have, could have or would have done. If we follow the story of Joseph’s life we would learn that because of his gifts and purpose, he suffered a great deal before his dreams came true. Every phase of Joseph’s journey we can relate too.

This week I will focus in on each step of his journey in hopes of getting us on track with where God needs us to be. It’s never to late to start over. Each new day presents new opportunities for us. I challenge you today to get up and back into the fight for your life. Allow God to reveal to you through dreams, your purpose and His direction for your dreams to become a reality. Despite the lack of resources and support, God gave you your dream, purpose and plan only for you. It's not for others to believe in you, it's not for others to support you, it's not for you to quit. Just know that God believes in you and has your best interest at heart.

Think for a moment about Dr. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, President Barack Obama etc, what if they had giving up on their dreams? After several failures, false accusations, suffering, etc, they all pressed forward and stepped into a living reality of their dreams. Today I am here to tell you we can too. We have to believe in ourselves and allow God to move in our lives.

Blessings,
Tennille L. Whittington

Prayer for Today

As I read this Lord teach me how to tap back into my dreams, Lord allow my dreams from my youth to resurface, Lord place people in my life that will support me in getting to where You need me to be, Lord I know that I need to press forward toward the goal, Lord I thank You for each
new day, I praise You for who You are, Lord I ask for forgiveness, teach me how to forgive myself, Lord I know that there are great things that will come out of my life, Lord I follow Your lead, please lead the way! In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment