Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dynamic Dreams: Writing The Plan

Jer 36:2 "Take thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken"

Good Afternoon,

Through Joseph’s journey we can see that despite his situations time and time again, God’s promises for his life came to past. Joseph went through trials and tribulation, but in the end he ruled over Egypt. Joseph had some unique characteristics that we need to focus on so we can position ourselves for our dreams to become a living reality.

Joseph was respectful, faithful, obedient, and responsible to name a few. He displayed the character of God. Just as Joseph was created in God’s image and likeness, we are too. We possess those same characteristics and today it’s time we tap into them and believe in ourselves. I would like to continue focusing on our dreams today. I would like us to position ourselves to write a plan for the visions God has given us. Once we develop our plans, we will be able to take the necessary steps to work and measure our plan.

Now back in Joseph’s journey, his plan was written in the visions God had shown him. God had gifted him to interpret his dreams, as well as the dreams of others. So Joseph didn’t sit down daily and journal, but he did spend time daily with God. God lead Joseph along his plan and into his destiny. Today God wants to lead you along your plan and into your destiny. It’s time to reach deep within and pull out your goals, dreams and desires and write your plan.

I want you to get out a sheet of paper and begin to think about some of the things God has been speaking to you. Write down all your goals, dreams and desires on the piece of paper. This week we are going to take steps towards putting together a development plan for our lives. I know some times sticking to what is written is hard, but there is nothing to hard for our God. With Him we can do all things. This year I want us to reposition our thinking, walking and talking by putting God first and allowing Him to lead us along our journey.

Writing the Plan

The first step in writing your individual development plan is to define your goals. Take the time out and write out what you are trying to obtain from your plan. You should establish different goals for different areas of your life. Some of the goals that are in my plan are to deepen my relationship with God, elevate my career in government, position myself for marriage, obtain a degree and start a business. What are some of your goals? Place them all on your paper.

My plan ranges from 3 to 5 years and then from 5 to 10 years. It’s always good to have short-term and long-term goals. Things that would normally fall under short-term would be those things you expect to take place in a short period of time. Your long-term goals would be those goals that will be achieved over a longer period of time.

The next step would be to tie each one of your goals to a developmental task. Based on your goals what are your strengths and weaknesses? Put your goals in order by your weaknesses to your strengths. Now look over each of your goals and identify ways to strengthen your weak areas and how to develop your strengths.

For example if you have a passion to motivate people, but you are not good with public speaking, then you would research and add to your plan to read books or take classes on public speaking. Another example would be if you wanted to own a business and sale merchandise, but you lack the experience and knowledge. You could add to your plan that you would take a few hours out the week to spend time with people in that market of what you are trying to sell and gain the knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the business. For every goal there should be a developmental task and a timeline to measure against.

Ex.
Goal

Start a Nonprofit

Developmental Task & Timeline
Research Nonprofits in Maryland 1/10 – 6/10
Attend Workshops TBD
Purchase/Read Nonprofits Books 1/10
Sign-up for daily web alerts 1/10

Goal
Communication Skills

Developmental Tasks & Timeline
Enroll in Public Speaking Forum 3/10
Take Online Webinar on Public Speaking 2/10

We need to take time to focus on our goals and once they are established, we can move forward. It’s time to write down you plan! Once it is written, it is easily to follow and easy to measure your success. Look forward to “Dynamic Dreams – Working Your Plan” blog tomorrow.


To request a template to create your plan, email me at Tennille.Whittington@gmail.com.

Blessings,
Tennille L. Whittington

Prayer for Today

As I read this Lord allow my mind to be renewed, Lord allow my soul to be changed,, Lord allow my heart to be cleansed, Lord I am ready to follow the blueprint You designed for my life, Lord I am ready to put a plan in place, Lord I am ready for you to lead me higher in You, Lord put me in touch with my goals, dreams and desires, Lord blow my mind today, Lord I want to be redeemed, Lord I want the more out of this life, Lord I want to be all that You have called me to be, Lord all I need is You, Lord I know I am only steps away from my dreams coming true, Lord I promise to be faithful, Lord I promise to follow You, Lord forgive me for my shortcomings and forgive me for giving up, Lord today I believe in me, I love more of me and I know that I will be all that You have called me to be! In Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment