Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dynamic Dreams: U/n/b/r/e/a/k/a/b/l/e Faith

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Good Afternoon,

Today I wanted to encourage you in the area of your faith. As we take the necessary steps in following God to bring our dreams into a living reality we will be faced with opposition. Some of the attacks that will come are going to be too much to bear, but I want to remind you that we are unbreakable. No one can take what God has promised for us. Lean on Him and He will lead and protect you.

As we learn about Daniel we will see that he stood on His faith and trusted in God despite his situation. Daniel was taken from his land and brought into a foreign land where he was tested time and time again, but he remained confident in doing what was right. He knew the Lord would make a way, despite how rough it may have seemed. We have to get to the place where we don’t believe in the wisdom of man and put man before God. We at times put off our trust in God because of our situations and circumstances and we want to please those around us, because we don't what them to break us down. Today may the Lord add strength to our areas of weakness.

When I read the book of Daniel I see a man who was faced with so many threats to break him down along his journey, but each test just pushed him forward. Each time they tried to get him off track, they just positioned him higher along God’s blueprint for his life. In the beginning of the book of Daniel, they wanted him to defile himself by eating of the king’s table. He refused and God granted him favor in the sight of the commander of the officials. If we take the time to do what’s right, God will grant us the same favor in the sight of those who try to persuade us to do wrong.

I want us to focus on the word unbreakable. It means impossible to break and able to withstand rough usage. It also is an article or object that is not easily broken. I placed a forward slash between each of the letters in the word unbreakable in the title of this message to represent our test. Each time we have a testimony it moves us forward, but the test cannot break us, they can only make us stronger.

Through Daniel’s journey God gives us an example of a man who would rather lose his physical life than to defile himself and go against God. Daniel was threatened time and time again, but each time he remained confident that God would stand on His promises.

As we approach our dreams today I want each of us to trust in God enough not to allow potential dangers to hinder us from moving forward. When fear sets in we tend to get sidetracked and our mind gets the best of us. God is saying today that we are not easily broken and that we must keep the faith. May He strengthen us in the areas of our relationship with Him, relationship with others, in our finances and in living out our dreams.

He is saying that He created us with talents to be able to move forward and prosper at all things. Let’s remember the one servant in Matthew 25:14-18 who hid his gift and not live as He did. Let’s tap into the power on the inside of us and allow each test to push us closer to our testimony! We will stand on God's word at all times and allow each test that comes our way elevate us higher in Him!

Blessings,
Tennille L. Whittington

Prayer for Today

As I read this Lord I believe I am unbreakable, Lord I believe You have equipped me to do all you need me to do, Lord today I believe in myself enough to step out on faith and move forward, Lord continue to position me for my destiny, Lord continue to surround me with the resources needed to do what I am called to do, Lord I stand before You today giving You all the honor and the glory for speaking to me and encouraging me to step higher in You, Lord I trust that You will take care of me, Lord I have no more worries and release my cares to You, Lord I was created on purpose, with purpose and for a purpose and now it’s time to live it out! In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment: