Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Love of My Own


1 John 4:7-12 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Good Evening,

Tonight I want to encourage each of us to strengthen our relationship with God and learn the true meaning of love. The world we live in seems to be filled with so much of the opposite. The only way we will ever value love is if we experience God's love.

Through building my relationship with God on a daily basis I was able to heal myself from a hardened heart. Through reading His word, prayer and serving His people I was able to learn and understand the true meaning of love.

The closer I walked with Him gave me the ability to allow my heart to heal from all my past hurt and pain. Now that I have experienced God's love in my life I will not settle for anything less. I am grateful daily that I chose to step out on faith and follow His lead. I am grateful that God was able to heal me.

I encourage us all tonight to tap into the God's love. I want us to know and believe that His love is everlasting.

As we pursue our hopes, dreams and desires I want us always to remember that God loves us and wants the best for us. There will come times when people will try to knock us off our path, but we have to remain faithful to our God. We have to trust in Him enough to know that He loves us and will always protect us.

It's time that we spend more time with God and learn to love ourselves wholeheartedly. It's time we take better care of ourselves. It's time we love on others and lead them His way, in order for them to experience His love too.

There are alot of people walking around without a voice. They are feeling alone, afraid and unworthy. It's time that each of us take a stand and lend a hand in making a difference in their lives.

I'm thankful that I have found a love of my own in Him. I have finally tore down my wall of bitterness, hurt, pain and fear. I am ready to walk with God in preparing myself to be loved by someone else. I believe He will send a man after His own heart to love me unconditionally.

I encourage you tonight to seek the Lord for change and allow Him to love on you, so you can love on someone else!

Blessings,
Tennille L. Whittington


Prayer for Today

As I read this Lord today I step closer to strengthen my relationship with You! Lord I step closer to experience Your love! Lord teach me how to love more of myself and to love someone else the way You love me, and I ask that they will love me the same! Lord I am done with lust and I am ready to experience the true meaning of Your love and relationship! In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment